To give the construction industry total confidence in our product performance, Fosroc ANZ has embarked on a major program of independent testing.
"As part of the DuluxGroup, Fosroc ANZ will not state that our products comply with a particular standard unless we have independent testing," explains Colin Picton, our ANZ Specification Manager for Waterproofing and Sealants.
Colin encourages product specifiers and buyers to look closely at technical data sheets (TDS), and question where the test data has come from.
"It might say the material complies with a certain standard. But is the manufacturer relying on its own internal data? We believe the market can have more confidence in external independent testing.”
Fosroc ANZ commissions testing from reputable third parties, including the Australian Water Quality Centre (AWQC), AWTA, Boral, Safe Environments, Cetec, Geotherm Australasia, CSIRO and BRANZ.
“The emphasis on quality is increasing across the construction industry," Colin says.
In New Zealand, BRANZ approval has become increasingly valued by architects specifying construction products. Meanwhile, in Australia, New South Wales introduced a Building Commissioner and the Construct NSW strategy in 2019, with a view to "improving the quality of construction of residential apartment buildings and restoring trust in the industry".
“Fosroc ANZ is being proactive and doing the due diligence," Colin says. "We won’t claim a product complies with a standard just because we believe it complies. We prove compliance with an independent testing certificate."
Key products tested to industry standards
Independent testing is either complete or underway for more than 50 Fosroc ANZ products and systems. The following will be of particular interest in relevant industries.
- Concrete repairs and potable water: Some of our most popular concrete repair products have been tested and certified to AS/NZS 4020 for potable water applications, including Renderoc HB40, HB70 and LA55.
- Industrial flooring: With testing either underway or completed for most of our Nitoflor range, Nitoflor is the ideal choice to achieve AS 4586 Slip Resistance and AS 9239.1 Critical Radiant Flux.
- Food-safe flooring: For the food and beverage industry, many products in our Nitoflor range have HACCP Certification.
- Fire rated sealants: Fosroc's Flamex sealants are currently under test to AS 1530.4 Fire Resistance.
- Waterproofing: our Nitoproof liquid waterproofing membranes meet internal and external waterproofing standards, with testing complete or underway for AS/NZS 4858 Wet Area Membranes and AS 4654.1 External Above-ground Membranes. The membranes can also be combined with Nitoproof Top Coat UV and Nitoproof Top Coat EW to achieve AS 4586 Slip Resistance. For potable water applications, Polyurea WPE110, Nitoseal PU400, Nitoseal SC600 and Nitocote EP 405 are all certified to meet AS/NZS 4020.
- Proofex BRANZ approval: of particular interest to New Zealand customers, Proofex 3100 and Proofex Engage waterproofing solutions have BRANZ appraisal.
- Diffusion resistance with Dekguard: Fosroc's elastomeric protective coatings are being tested for Chloride Ion Diffusion Resistance and Carbon Dioxide Diffusion Resistance.
- Curing compounds: our Concure range of curing compounds are certified to AS3799 Liquid membrane-forming curing compounds for concrete.
We will keep you updated as new compliance certifications become available.